Negative staining – a spectacular job!
· One drop of suspension of 300 mesh formvar coated grid – 30 minutes
· Wick away excess suspension with paper arrow (Watman No.1)
· Place one drop of UranyLess on the grid before it is completely dry
· Stain for 3 minutes
· Wick away excess stain with paper arrow (Watman No.1)
· Allow the grid(s) to dry completely before examination on the TEM
Times can be altered (suspension time, stain time) to suit the “look” you desire.
Many thanks to EMS!
Debra M. Townley, Baylor College of Medicine