This course will give participants an overview of specimen preparation requirements.
Tuesday - Thursday
March 3 - 5, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA
Sign Up - You will be redirected to our secure EMS checkout.
View printable version here.
Individuals who are new to the field of microscopy with little or no experience with specimen processing, microtomy, or instrumentation.
The EMS Microscopy Academy
Located in Hatfield, Pennsylvania, the Academy provides electron microscopy classes, workshops and training sessions for all fields of microscopy, including materials science and biological science.
Lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice, as well as round table tips and tricks discussions.
- Specimen chemical preparation, theory and practical lab work, for OLM, TEM, and SEM
- Sectioning for OLM (0.5 µm), TEM (100-60 nm)
- Critical Point Drying (CPD) and HMDS prep for SEM
- Instrument theory and hands on operation for OLM, TEM, and SEM
- Zeiss TEM
- Hitachi SU 3500 SEM
- Leica EM UC7 RT & Cryo
- Boeckeler RMC Power Tome PC RT & Cryo
- Diatome 45°,35° RT/Cryo Diamond Knives
- EMS 9000 Microwave
- Lynx II Auto Tissue Processor
- K850 CPD
- K750X Freeze Dryer
Registration will be limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
EMS will provide samples to those who prefer not to bring their own.
Introduction to Microscopy Techniques
This course will give participants an overview of the specimen preparation requirements, basic skill sets, and instrument theory/operation needed to perform as a technician in an electron microscopy laboratory.